It’s a news again, Microsoft on 6th September 2012 released the new looking WebMatrix 2 to the public which was available as a download as WebMatrix 2 Release Candidate till now. New set of features added from the initial version of the WebMatrix which is V1. For those who are new to WebMatrix in simple words we can tell
WebMatrix is a lightweight web development tool that lets you quickly install and publish popular open source applications or built-in templates. It bundles a web server, database engines, top programming languages and publishing capabilities into one tool - whether you use ASP.NET, PHP, Node.js or HTML5. [more]
So What are the new features?
- Extensibility model lets you write your own plug-ins or use community-built ones
- Extremely fast install of open source apps such as Joomla!, WordPress, Drupal, DotNetNuke and Umbraco
- New built-in templates for PHP, Node.js and HTML5, and mobile support for all templates
- Intellisense (code completion) for major languages, including Razor, C#, VB, PHP, Node.js, HTML5, CSS3 and Jquery
- Application-specific code completion for top apps like Umbraco, WordPress and Joomla!
- Simple UI to install what you need from thousands of NuGet packages
- Ability to preview your site using top mobile emulators
- Remote view to make quick edits to files on live sites
So Where to download?
WebMatrix is a free download software which can be downloaded from the official Microsoft website which is http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/
Where to learn about WebMatrix?
A series of How to videos has been provided by WebMatrix team for easy understanding and learning of the product which can be viewed using the links below.
Create and Publish Sites
Learn, Database, Reports
Hope this information will be useful to you, If interested please don’t forget to connect with me on Twitter, Facebook and GooglePlus for updates. Also subscribe to F5debug Newsletter to get all the updates delivered directly to your inbox. We won’t spam or share your email address as we respect your privacy.